Ok so we’ve purposely waited until now to write about those pesky things we call “New Year’s Resolutions”. How are you getting along with yours? Most of us throughout December as we’re indulging in festive treats, we were already mentally making our 2014 resolutions. Old favourites such as losing weight, saving money, travel more, be kinder tops out most lists. Research however shows that most of us will only make it a week or even a month and fewer than 50% of us will keep our resolutions longer than six months.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your resolutions for 2014:
- Don’t make too many resolutions. Choose one realistic goal that you really want to achieve.
- Plan ahead. Don’t make a resolution on a whim on New Year’s Eve. Think about your resolution and make a practical plan of action.
- Write down your resolution and then tell others. Putting it out there makes it real, plus a great way to get a support from family and friends.
- Be specific in your resolution. Don’t just say you want to travel – set smaller goals: pick a place, research it and save towards it.
- Plan something nice for when you achieve your goal. A reward will give you something to look forward to. (Hint: check out the specials at Trade Winds Hotel)
- Don’t be put off by set-backs. We all have bad days, so put them behind you and start again just dust yourself off and try again.
For fun we asked our staff what they were hoping to achieve in the New Year and here’s what some of the team had to say about their resolutions:
- “I don’t make any, I just go with the flow .” – Louisa Charles, Front Office Manager
- “Work towards achieving independence.” – Marydith Gordon, Operations Manager
- “To have a safe delivery of my new baby and to be able to take care of my kids .” – Carissa Gore, Waitress
- “My New Year’s resolution is to build a house” – Lacovia Thomas, Waitress
- “Take additional information system courses ” – Marcia George, Restaurant Supervisor
We’ve also jotted down a few resolutions of our own for 2014:
- Give more giveaways to both our Hotel and Restaurant.
- Offer great rates at reasonable prices.
- Ensure that every guest of Trade Winds Hotel and Bay House Restaurant & Bar have a memorable experience and leaves with a smile on their face.
So what is your New Year’s resolution for 2014? Whether it’s big or small, we wish you all the best in achieving it. May your 2014 be a year to remember!