Dinner is not quite complete without something sweet and decadent. Yes we are talking about that mini-celebration of indulgence – DESSERT!
The Bay House Restaurant celebrates the annual Mango Festival by introducing a new dessert menu. Chef Hodge and his team have put together an artisanal menu incorporating local fruits such as mangoes, bananas and limes with your favourites like cheese cake, ice-cream and chocolate.
New to the menu is the New York Style Cheese Cake which sits in an almost sinful Mango Coulis. The peach schnapps filled tartlet explodes in your mouth when you bite into them and ice cream becomes deliciously perfect with the use of fresh bananas and limes in the Caribbean Banana Flambé.
Our homemade style Apple Pie à la Mode an individually made apple pie served warm with your favourite ice cream and brown sugar vanilla sauce is a favourite with our diners and past guests can still be had anytime.
Join us tonight as we unveil the new menu and be the first to sample our new indulgences. Call us (268)-462-1223 to make your reservations we are open from 7am – 11pm daily.
For those of you who cannot join us here’s a little token from Chef Hodge so that you can create you own mini self-indulgence celebration at home, don’t forget to share your pics with us 🙂
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESE CAKE
- 3 lbs cream cheese
- 1 lb sugar
- 2 ozs cornstarch
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 8 yolks
- 6 ozs sour cream
- Mix cream cheese, sugar until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch and vanilla.
- Add eggs, yolks and sour cream.
- Divide the batter between pans and baked at 300/325.F for about 30/35 minutes until set in water pans.
- Cool in fridge and take out when completely cold.
- 1 – 2 large mangoes peeled and meat removed from seed (or when not available 1 tin slice mango with liquid).
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 ½ Cups water but only when using fresh mangoes
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
JUNIPER STRAWBERRY JAM
- 2 ½ lbs frozen strawberries
- ½ lb white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 2 tsp juniper berries finely chop
- Combine the strawberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan with heat on medium, begin cooking the strawberries, stirring occasionally.
- You will begin to notice bubbling; continue to stir until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off heat, add the lemon juice and juniper berries.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate before using.
Do you have a favourite dessert? Share with us why it’s your favourite.